Estate Planning Services Estate Planning is powered by BTWC Ltd which means you can be assured that a bespoke portfolio of services can be provided to you, particularly if you believe your affairs may be complex. We partner with a carefully selected network of professional advisers and product providers. Whatever your Estate Planning requirement, we have it covered;

  • Specialist Will Trusts such as Protective Trusts for your property
  • Asset Protection Trusts
  • Advice for business owners i.e. Business Trusts
  • Co-habitee planning if you are unmarried but live together
  • Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA)i.e. nominating a representative to manage your affairs should you become unable to
  • Advanced Directives (Living Wills)
  • Annual Safe Custody of documents (Storage)
  • Guaranteed Funeral plans
  • Digital Legacy Planning i.e what will happen to your online accounts

Hundreds of thousands of people die each year without having a will, know as dying intestate, making it complex for the loved ones that are left behind. If this happens to you, there are strict rules on what will happen to your estate and it could leave someone you want to protect, unprotected.

Can I leave a Will for if I become incapacitated?

It’s not just for when you die that having a will becomes useful. Everyone should consider having a will to say who will manage their finances should they become unable to do it themselves, due to dementia, mental illness or being in an accident for example. Writing a Living Will (also called an Advanced Directive or Advanced Decision( means that you can specify the level of medical treatment you will receive if you become incapacitated and can’t communicate at the time. You may, for example, specify not to be resuscitated if your heart stops.

Another measure you may wish to take is to appoint a Lasting Power of Attorney. There are 2 types, one relating to your health and one to your financial affairs. You can make one type or both. If you’ve no Living Will or Lasting Power of Attorney and you become incapacitated, the responsibility for looking after your estate passes to the government. If you have nothing in place, your family will need to apply for a court order, which can take months to process, to get back control of your estate.

Not sure what you need? Then contact us and we’ll be happy to talk you through your choices. We have a nationwide network of advisers who can facilitate a personal no obligation consultation with you if preferred.

[email protected]                       01522 500823


Also in this section...

What our customers say:

...the trust has saved the property for the family and ensured that the maximum benefit would be paid by Social Services. Good news and this only proves that forward planning, with the right advice works. Well worth the cost of setting up as it has more than paid off by saving £100k of asset...
accredited member society of will writers
Cyber Essentials Plus
certainty national will register